Monday, May 17, 2010

My God Box

I received a chance to get to know who God is. So I unwrapped the gift of God that I had been given in its original form and low and behold, I had received (albeit a well intentioned gift) a "God Box". You probably have one too. Its all wrapped up nice and neat and explains God in a way you can understand and fits Him ever so compactly into this manage-able portion that we humans can understand. The only problem is that all of the things that fit neatly into that box, only give you a fuzzy picture of the true God.

DISCLAIMER ALERT: I AM BY NO MEANS CLAIMING I HAVE GOD FIGURED OUT, I DO NOT.

I am saying right here and right now that God is unwrapping the gift I received and He's showing me all the things I didn't know. Its kind of like the PDA my husband got for his birthday... Its got this really cool game on it, and everyone in the house is always asking for the chance to play with the toy. There is a problem with that thinking.
#1. It IS NOT A TOY.  ( We hear this a million times a day if we hear it once)
#2. We have NO IDEA how cool this little gizmo is unless we read the instructions and if necessary ask the guy who owns it, "hey what all does this thing do that we can not possibly understand without some help from you?" 
We often see God this way. We view Him in a way that only shows us one part of who He is and even the part we see isn't a full picture.
Lately I have been reading some literature that is pushing against what I have in my God Box. What I am finding is, that now that the wrapper is off, God CAN NOT AND WILL NOT fit into that box. I gotta wonder, 'How'd they get Him in there to begin with?'.

 

No comments: